Since we are a privately-owned farm, all professional photographers (those who are paid for their services and/or bring props as part of the photo session, or whose subjects undergo clothing changes or who are NOT part of their immediate family) are required to pay for a photography permit, which will provide access on a given day for 90 minutes. Flower Field photography permits are only available from the end of July through mid-August, for the days/hours that the fields are open. Apple Orchard photography permits are only available in September and October, during the week. No permits or photography sessions will be allowed on weekends, or on Labor Day or Columbus Day. Nature will determine start and stop of the events each year.
The fee for a photography permit is $50. In addition to the permit, the photographer and any assistants are required to pay the current entrance fee for the area in which you will be shooting (either Apple Orchard or Flower Fields). EVERY member of your photo shoot party (ages 5 and up) must also pay the entrance fee. For more information about the events for which you may want to obtain a permit, go to on Keller's Farmstand Oswego Apple Orchard or Keller's Flower Fields.
- Photographers may bring props, but may NOT bring ladders and apple-picking containers (baskets, buckets, etc.). These are NOT allowed.
- Photographers must complete photo session and have all equipment/props removed from the shoot area by the time the event closes for the day, regardless of start time. This includes cleanup of the area. Please leave it like you found it.
- Photographers may only take photos in the Oswego Apple Orchard or Oswego Flower Fields.
- Climbing and/or shaking the apple trees will cause damage and is NOT permitted. Photos of clients in apple trees are not allowed, and if you are seen engaging in this behavior, you will be asked to leave.
- Only pick the apples you are buying.
- Any cut flowers or additional sunflowers picked will incur a fee (there is one free sunflower bloom allowed per paid ticket). Please ask any questions you have about this prior to picking.
- Backpacks, large purses or bags, and ladders are not allowed in the Apple Orchard or Flower Fields. You may NOT bring in your own vases or buckets for flowers.
- Since photography sessions take place during normal business hours, customers will be sharing the farm areas with you. Please be respectful of our customers around you!
- The permit entitles the photographer/business named on permit to use ONE area on the stipulated day for a period of up to 90 minutes, maximum.
Photographers are required to sign the permit stating they agree to the rules and guidelines of the permit and Keller's Farmstand and farm. Photographers are responsible for familiarizing themselves, and informing clients, of permit/farm rules.
We require that you inform us of your photography session a minimum of 24 hours in advance by emailing us at email@example.com. Session scheduling will not start until end of July when the Flower Fields open, or in September when the Apple Orchard opens. In your photography permit confirmation email, it will state where to pay for the permit and entrance fees when you arrive at the day and time of your session. You must relinquish your driver's license to obtain a photo/video pass, and must keep that with you at all times and be prepared to show it to Keller's personnel upon request while on premises. You must return the pass to retrieve your license. Permits and all specified rules involved pertain to videography sessions as well as to photography.
Supply and demand will dictate how long our flower and apple seasons last. Please call the Oswego Farmstand (630-219-8194) about orchard or flower conditions and apple or flower supply, if you have any questions. Refer to our Apples webpage for apple variety availability.
Thank you for your interest in making Keller's Farmstand a part of your session.