Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
Oven-roasted butternut squash is what fall would taste like if fall had a taste. This fall favorite is a MUST this time of year. We sell butternut squash in all of our farmstands so stop in and stock up!
- 2 pounds Keller’s butternut squash, peeled, cut in half, seeds scooped out and discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika (Do NOT substitute any other kind of paprika! Smoked paprika MAKES the recipe!)
- Position the oven rack in the oven’s middle position and begin heating the oven to 425 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, salt, thyme, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Add prepared squash. Then, stir and toss until completely coated with oil and seasonings.
- Turn squash out onto the baking sheet and arrange evenly so they are not touching. Dust with paprika.
- Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and with a plastic spatula, flip the squash pieces over.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown in spots and easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately. Serves four.