2023 Apple-Picking Hours & Varieties
Apple Orchard Hours
Opening Day is Saturday, August 19, and goes through October:
Weekdays 10am-6pm; Weekends 9am-6pm
Monday, October 9: 9am-6pm
No reservations needed.
The apple orchard is located on our Oswego farm. Before heading to the orchard for U-pick apples, ALL guests must first purchase a bag at the Apple Barn. Last entry to the orchard will be 30 minutes prior to closing time to allow enough time for picking.
Prices (Age 5 through adult)
$10/person for ¼ peck bag (about 3 lbs)
$20/person for ½ peck bag (about 5–6 lbs)
$40/person for 1 peck bag (about 10–12 lbs)
Tax is included in apple bag prices.
*Children 4 and under may enter for free but do not get a bag.
We do not offer group discounts.
**Keller's Farmstand reserves the right to close the orchard when needed to control the amount of people in the orchard and/or if apple supply is low. We may close orchard if there is inclement weather and reopen when weather conditions are safe for visitors.
- Pick only from rows marked at the end as ready for picking.
- Look for apples that are more red or yellow in color and less green.
- When selecting an apple, hold it gently, roll upwards and twist off at the stem.
- Choose carefully! You must purchase what you pick.
- Please pick only what will fit in the bag. Overstuffed bags will be charged extra.
- Refrigerate apples after picking and be sure to wash them at home before eating.
Additional Guidelines & Recommendations
- Pets and smoking are prohibited in the orchard. You are welcome to smoke in your car.
- Backpacks, large purses or bags, and ladders are not allowed in the orchard.
- It’s best to wear closed-toe shoes rather than flip-flops or sandals when picking (fallen apples often attract bees). The orchard has grown, so we suggest good walking shoes.
- Watch your step! The ground in the apple orchard can be uneven.
- We are not responsible for lost bags.
FINISHED FOR THE SEASON:
Approximate Ripening Dates
Late August/Early September: Ginger Gold, Zestar, Ruby Mac
Mid September: Gala, Honeycrisp, McIntosh, Jonathan, Cortland, Early Fuji, Autumn Crisp, Golden Supreme
Late September: Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Empire, Jonastar
Early October: Crispin (Mutsu), Ida Red, Late Fuji, Rome Beauty
Mid October: Evercrisp
The Joy of Autumn Apples
Summer starts to wind down, making way for fall. The trees prepare for their months-long concert of color. As the season deepens, the air starts to fill with the crisp autumn chill.
And at Keller’s Farmstand, our apple orchard bursts with fresh, crisp, vibrant fruit ripe for the picking. It’s a wonderful time for family and friends.
Apple Orchard Care
Our family has been growing apples in the region for more than a century. In 2004, we started our apple orchard in Oswego. Today, the orchard still requires constant care and attention to ensure the best apple-picking in late summer and fall.
We begin pruning in February and continue for five to six weeks. Doing this each year supports apple growth by contributing to healthier trees.
Along the way, we have also planted new varieties, which has tripled the size of our apple orchard. Because we’ve grown so many, and not all varieties ripen at the same time, we have apples ready all season long.
All fresh apples are inspected for quality and chosen by hand when they are at their peak ripeness. You can purchase our pre-picked apples at any of our farmstands (see above for locations).
You can visit our Oswego apple orchard for daily U-pick apples during the season as well. Have a blast with family and friends as you stroll down our orchard’s lush, leafy lanes with a Keller’s bag for filling.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep current with our apple varieties ready for picking.
For more apple variety information, visit OrangePippin.com.
Additionally, get our special apple recipes on Pinterest too.
Here’s one you can enjoy right now: Grandma Keller’s Apple Kuchen