Babcia Dorota’s Polish Apple Pie
When she visited Keller's Farmstand,Tianna Gawlak told the story of her book When You Dream of Apple Pie. A special treat - here is the very easy apple pie recipe from her book:
- 4 cups plain flour
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (can be replaced with vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for topping
- 3 lbs apples, peeled and diced (green apples preferred, but can be mixed variety)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Babcia uses a deep rectangular baking tray 7×10 inch, but any shape will do fine.
- Knead together all the dough ingredients (flour, butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar, sour cream, oil, baking powder), form a smooth mass, wrap into cling film and place in the fridge.
- Wash the apples, peel them, then dice or cube them.
- Move the apple pieces to a pot. Cover with water and add ½ cup of sugar. Cook until the apples are soft. Then drain the water, add cinnamon, and mix well.
- Grease the baking tray. Roll out half of the dough and place in the tray. Pierce with a fork. Spread the apple mixture on top. Roll the remaining dough and use it on top to cover the apples. Bake for 1 hour at 350°.
- Serve cooled or warm with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top.”
- To add this delightful book to your recipe library, click on https://www.amazon.com/When-You-Dream-Apple-Pie/dp/B0B4HVJGSW