Brats in a Beer Bath
This recipe is perfect for summer! Brats in a Beer Bath are tender, juicy, and delicious! Stop by our farmstands for brat toppings, as well as hot dog and hamburger toppings, for summer picnics.
- 1 dozen brats
- Beer (your favorite), to cover
- 1 Keller’s large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 or 2 Keller’s green peppers, sliced
- ½ stick butter
- 1 dozen fresh brat buns
- Optional Ingredients for topping brats:
- 1 jar Keller’s Farmstand German Sauerkraut
- 1 jar Keller’s Farmstand Old Fashion Sauerkraut
- 1 jar Keller’s Farmstand Homemade Vidalia Onion Relish
- 1 jar Keller’s Farmstand Hot Sweet Jalepeño Slices
- Place brats in a Dutch oven or large skillet with onion, peppers, and butter.
- Cover the brats with beer (creating a beer bath). Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until brats are cooked, roughly 20-30 minutes.
- Remove brats and set beer mixture aside.
- Grill brats until golden brown.
- Return brats to beer bath mixture until ready to serve. Serve brats with peppers and onions on fresh brat buns. Pile on your favorite toppings listed above. Enjoy!