Keller’s Apple Zucchini Muffins
Many thanks to our longtime Farmstand team member, Kellie Dietz, for sharing her recipe with us! (can also be made dairy- and gluten-free)
• 1 ¾ C. regular flour (or gluten-free all purpose flour)
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. nutmeg
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¼ C. butter, softened (or coconut oil, for dairy-free)
• ½ C. brown sugar
• ½ C. applesauce (Try Keller’s Comfort Food Applesauce recipe for this recipe too!)
• ½ C. milk of choice (skim, 2%, whole or almond)
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 eggs
• 1 C. Keller’s Farmstand zucchini (shredded), squeezed and patted dry
• 1 C. Keller’s Farmstand apple, shredded or finely diced (Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala – or ask us for recommendations!)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping Ingredients
• 2 tbsp. sugar
• ¼ tsp. cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 425 F.
• Spray a muffin tin with no-stick spray. Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Stir them together.
• Add butter, brown sugar, and applesauce to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined (or beat lightly with a hand mixer).
• Add milk, vanilla, and eggs and whisk again until well combined.
• Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir together till the batter is smooth and even.
• Add zucchini and apple and gently fold into batter. Fill each muffin tin about ¾ full with the muffin batter.
• Add the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together.
• Sprinkle the topping evenly across the tops of the muffins (about 1 overflowing tsp. of topping for each muffin).
• Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then reduce oven to 350F. and bake for another 17-19 minutes, or till the tops are springy to touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.