Keller’s Healthy ‘n Skinny Skillet
Many thanks to Martha Abel for sharing her recipe with us! This is one of her favorites!
- Cooking spray
- Medium Keller’s Farmstand Poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 C. Keller’s Farmstand sweet corn kernels (fresh)
- ½ C. Keller’s Farmstand onion
- 1 C. canned, no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 C. Keller’s Farmstand zucchini, sliced and finely chopped ½ C.
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Keller’s Farmstand green salsa verde (Make sure you buy extra to have enough on hand!)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
• Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
• Add the Poblano pepper, corn, and onion. Cook until the onion is soft, 5 – 7 minutes, stirring often.
• Add the beans, zucchini, cumin, salt. Cook until the zucchini starts to brown, about 2 minutes, stirring often.
• Stir in salsa.
• Make 4 “wells” or “crater” in the vegetable mixture; add 1 egg to each well.
• Reduce heat to medium.
• Cook, covered, until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness (5 – 7 minutes for medium).
• Garnish with the cilantro. If desired, serve with additional salsa, to your taste.