Laura’s Cranberry Pumpkin Bread & Muffins
In addition to her many other talents...she bakes too! Enjoy this delicious bread – perfect for Christmas, fall, or ANYTIME! And it’s easy. The delicious canned pumpkin acts as a binder so there is no need to use eggs.
Makes one loaf or 24 muffins
● 2 cups white sugar
● ½ cup canola oil
● 1 (15 oz) canned pumpkin
● 2 ¼ cups flour
● 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
● 1 tsp baking soda
● ½ tsp salt
● 1 cup halved fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained so seeds are removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into pumpkin mixture until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured loaf pan or muffin tins.
- Bread should bake about one hour and 15 minutes. Muffins should bake about 25 minutes. Check doneness with toothpick.
- After cooling for 10 minutes, remove loaf from pan or muffins from tins to finish cooling on wire rack.